HOW TO SET UP TWO-STEP VERIFICATION
A verification code (via text message or an authenticator app)
A backup code
Enable two-step verification on your Evernote account
Verify your email address.
Set a backup phone number (optional).
Set up Google Authenticator (optional for Plus/Premium/Business).
Print and/or save your backup codes in a safe place. (Note: In this step, you’ll need to copy one of the backup codes to paste in the following window. The code will remain valid after setup.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log in to Evernote with two-step verification?
- Log in to your Evernote account on any device as you normally would with your username and password.
- The Evernote service will send a new verification code to your mobile device by default, unless you have enabled the use of Google Authenticator to generate verification codes.
- When prompted, enter the verification code.
How do I disable two-step verification?
- Log in to your account settings in Evernote Web
- SelectSecurity Summary from the menu, then click Manage settings under ‘Two-step verification is enabled’
- Click Disable Two-Step Verification
Will my scanner, app, or other partner product work with two-step verification?
What if I don’t have access to my primary or backup phone?
What if I get a message that my verification code is invalid?
How do I transfer two-step verification to a new device or phone number?
What if I am completely locked out of my account?